Our Library

Our Library

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Happy Happy


Our community is so generous and so good to us.  I visit Barnes and Noble once weekly for a little "me" time (Imagine that, right?).  I buy a coffee at Starbucks and gather the gossip mags good, solid literature and sit and review the celebrity gossip for about an hour (I KNOW...rotting my brain).  While I am there, I usually browse the children's book section (LONGINGLY).

This past Saturday, I was in the children's book section when I noticed the cutest cutout featuring the new book Hug Machine.  I am typically drawn to illustrations that appear vintage (Think Peter Brown's You Will Be My Friend and Children Make Terrible Pets); so I fell in love with this display and took a picture of it (along with pictures of the fronts of books I think our library needs).

I happen to work with someone whose husband is a local manager for Barnes and Noble; so when I was going through my pictures on Monday, I remembered the cutout.  I emailed the picture to my colleague and asked her how hard I would have to beg her husband for that Hug Machine cutout.  To my surprise, she walked in on Tuesday with the cutout in tow and left it behind the circulation desk for me.

We DO have great folks around her looking out for our school.  Thank you, Barnes and Noble for the precious addition to my Valentine display.

No comments:

Post a Comment